A journey through words ...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Madhur Bhandarkar, Mughda and Neil, the three stars

Though new but choosy, they both are conscious about the kind of cinema they does, while the other is I do.
In the city, for the promotion of his latest movie Jail, along with Madhur Bhandarkar, Mughda Godse and Neil looked as much enthusiastic about the movie as the probing journos. The calm actor suddenly turned live wire the moment you mention Jail. "It is obvious to have high expectations from every movie you work in. But more than that the hard-hitting realities shown in Jail should strike with public to make it work," he says.
“I have been conscious about the kind of cinema I do. This script fit my bill,” he is quick to add.
That holds true for model turned actor Mugdha Godse who was last seen in Bhandarkar’s super-hit film ‘Fashion’. “I am new to Bollywood but at the same time I want to be choosy about the work I do. I am extremely lucky to have a director like Bhandarkar cast me twice,” Godse remarked. While ‘Fashion’ saw her play a glamourous role, in ‘Jail’, Mugdha goes totally de-glam. “It’s a more serious and demanding role and I hope the audience appreciates the hard work we have all put in,” the actor remarked.
As far as future projects, this new generation of actors wants to take on Bollywood on their own terms. “At the end of the day, it’s the work you do that speaks for you. I have so far done done a few genres but it’s action that I really want to do next,” pitched in Neil. Mugdha agreed: “It’s not that there’s no work in the industry. It’s what appeals to you that make you take the final decision.” It’s a new breed indeed!
Mugdha Godse is conscious of the horde of lensmen eager to click her. She's conscious of the eyes on conscious of the eyes on her at the launch of her new film on BSNL Live. She's constantly fidgeting with her hair, moving them back and forth, preening and posing for the cameras, smiling as she talks, smiling as she acknowledges the oft-repeated prefix of "gorgeous" to Mugdha Godse as it comes from different BSNL officials from the dais. She is conscious she is a known face now.
"It's my second film with Madhur. The first was Fashion where I played a model, so there arose no question of being unglamorous. Now Jail, which is a realistic subject. It was a nice experience,"Mugdha says.

No comments:

Post a Comment