A journey through words ...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Modelling is my first love: Mugdha

Ramp has never and will not ever take a backseat for the model turned actress Mugdha Godse whose would like to get back to her first love modelling as and when she finds time out from films.
Mugdha Godse , who played a model in her debut film Fashion, has gone "completely de-glam" for her role in Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming Jail
. The actress was in City for the launch of PC Jeweller showroom in Sector 22.
"
My look in Jail is very de-glamourised. On the first-day of the shoot, I came for my shot with make-up on, and Madhur asked me to wash my face and get the make-up off. He wanted a completely natural look and I finally ended up with only kajal and mascara," said Mugdha. Though different, but, for Mugdha both roles gave her the courage and confidence to experiment with different character.
Madhur Bhandarker’s Fashion had a bold subject. Jail is even bolder. “If Fashion threw light on the dark world of fashion, Jail will explore the dingy prisons,” she said.
For the 24 year old actress performance is above the looks. “Looks does matter, but to an extent. What in fact, the audience remembers for a longer time is the performance. And as the Indian Cinema is experimenting, evolving, innovating, getting bolder, we need to try and give something different”,
asserted Mugdha.
"Madhur always gives equal if not more importance to his female characters and I am happy that he trusted me to play two diametrically different roles (in both Fashion and Jail). My role in Jail is very powerful role and I am sure the audience will be surprised to see me in this new avatar. I play Parag's (played by Neil Nitin Mukesh) girlfriend and I am his strength through most of the film," she said.
The actress, who starred alongside Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut in Bhandarkar's Fashion, is playing the lead in Jail opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh.
Co-produced by Percept Picture Company and Bhandarkar Entertainment, Jail is a hard-hitting yet sensitive tale of an ordinary man, Parag Dixit, who finds himself inside a prison due to a series of unfortunate events.
Releasing on November 6, it also stars Manoj Bajpai in a pivotal role. Mugdha, who teamed up with Bhandarkar for the second time, is all praise for the director.
Apart from Jail, Mugdha is also keeping busy with her other movie All The Best, releasing on October 16 starring Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Sanjay Dutt and Bipasha Basu. About breaking into comedy early on in her career, she said "When I got the opportunity to work in All The Best I just couldn't resist the temptation to do an out-an-out comedy. Every actor likes to try different things and after doing Fashion, I just felt the need to broaden my horizon and she had a lot of fun while shooting the comedy”.
"We used to laugh a lot on and off the sets and there was great camaraderie between all of us. I hope all my films are this fun and the relationship we shared during the making of the film, we can maintain it later. I would be happy to work with all of them again," Mugdha said.
Next will be a horror film with Bobby Deol. Seems the lady is all ready for different genres.

2 comments:

  1. mugdha ki jwani or art of living or acting mugdh kar deta hai..wow mugdha u d g8.
    UR TRUELY WELWISHER:
    RK VIKRAMA SHARMA VIKRANT
    BUREAU CHIEF
    JOURNALISTODAY JTN
    PRESS VARTA
    THE INDIA POST
    DAINIK HAWK
    DAILY HINDI MILAP
    *H.ADVISER
    PERFECT MEDIA PR
    a house or pr consultency
    PRO
    ADITI KALAKRITI
    HUB OF HOBBIES,HANDICRAFTS
    #326/45-A,CHANDIGARH-47.
    M.: 9872886540/9888486540/9592086540/8591286540
    EMAIL: perfectmediapr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing called "Superiority Complex" or "Inferiority Complex". It's all about your self confidence. Some people have less while some have redundant confidence about themselves. test you confidence with Indian Models Club..how to become a male model in delhi and Modeling Agencies in delhi for male

    ReplyDelete